Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry or Happy Whatever

I know this may seem appalling and even improbable, but I will be disconnected from the AllThing for a couple of days. You probably won't hear from me until Monday afternoon. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on my D2 receptors.

So let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed here over the past year. C. Corax for all the great comments and lots of tips, also Dr. Y and M.A.R. for good tips, Dread Pirate Roberts and Rexroth's Daughter who were among the first regulars here (and who maintain a very interesting blog), along with Speechless and JaneBoatler (hope you're okay JB and back at home!), Whisker and Matt and FF and everyone at Today In Iraq for the tremendous public service they do (and I don't know how they even find the time to visit here), TheaLogie, NeoLotus, JGarrow, Gaudeamus, Philalethes of course (who is an elegant writer indeed and do check him out) and everyone who has contributed with great comments (and I apologize because when you do this, you always end up leaving someone out, I know I'm going to slap my forehead as soon as I finish this post). Thanks to Revere for covering for me and raising the standard here.

Thanks to Blake, and sorry for the tease, but Blake and I will be launching a new project soon that I hope will interest y'all. We aren't quite ready to announce it, but to show a little more leg, as I have said many times I want to bring more physicians into the kinds of discussions we have here. Blake is an M.D. and we're setting up a vehicle to focus in a more sustained way on medicine and the health-care non-system in the U.S.

But don't worry, Stayin' Alive isn't going away. I'm hoping we can make it bigger and better.

BTW: The story about the Little Red Book turns out to be a hoax. While that is a relief, I suppose, the bad news is that it was so believable.

No comments: