Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ooooggghh

Just had the dental surgery I've been needing for a few months. Had to get it over with but the next couple of days I will not be at my best. On the other hand I hope this will end what has been a subtle drain on my batteries for who knows how long. Having a guy drill into your jawbone is unpleasant even if you can't feel it, however, and one less tooth will take some getting used to as well.

He was good enough to give me 20 Vicodin -- which by the way only cost me six bucks. I could make a tidy profit were I so inclined. I hope this won't cause too big of a hole in the blogging but if I stay woozy you may not hear from me for a couple of days. As for people without dental insurance -- in my home town, the local auto mechanic once pulled out his own teeth with a pair of pliers. At least he had the tools and the hand strength. Had I been unable to afford this, it literally could have ruined my life. Think about it.

No comments: