Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Don't worry, I'm just thinking

I've been stealing a little time from the cockroach race to do some reading and reflecting. As a matter of fact I'm reading William Cronon's Changes in the Land, which is actually about a lot more than its subtitle says it is. Yes, it's directly personal because it's helping me figure out where I live, but it's also about where we all live and who we are.

Meanwhile, as you wait for my profound return, in case you're still baffled why the Democratic leadership tossed Weiner, here's your answer and it doesn't make them look so toolish after all. (That's right, I wrote "toolish" not "foolish." They're looking less and less like either. Keep in mind, Vitter is a much, much bigger fish than Weiner.)

No comments: