Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Just so you know . . .

I'm as well as can be expected, under the circumstances. Still kind of hard to type, which slows down blogging. but . . .

This is kind of disturbing, but while driving me home my brother, who is no fool, said that he knows what happened to that Malaysian airliner. Since 2007, Boeing commercial aircraft have been equipped with a supposedly anti-hijacking system that allows a ground facility to seize control of the aircraft. Yesterday, I did some Googling and found numerous references to this. Today, only this, the patent information. Yes, it's real. Great if you really are hijacked, not so great at all if somebody hacks into it. And no, they obviously wouldn't talk about that possibility.

We'll see if men in black show up at my door.

1 comment:

roger said...

you kept a grasp on your sense of humor. i guess the procedure went well. good.