Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Mirabile dictu!

Jeffrey Toobin finally admits what everyone outside of the Faux News bubble knows. The New York Time, however, is stubbornly oblivious.

CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin says he regrets his role in pushing a “false equivalence” between Hillary Clinton's scandals and President Trump's controversies during the 2016 election. In an interview on Larry Wilmore’s “Black on the Air” podcast published earlier this month, Toobin told Wilmore that he feels he is “somewhat responsible” for a media climate that falsely compared Clinton and Trump.

“I think there was a lot of false equivalence in the 2016 campaign,” Toobin told Wilmore, the Washington Post reported Monday. “Every time we said something, pointed out something about Donald Trump, whether it was his business interests, or ‘grab 'em by the pussy,’ we felt like, ‘Oh, we gotta … say something bad about Hillary. I think it led to a sense of false equivalence that was misleading, and I regret my role in doing that,” he added.
The horrors about Cheeto Benito kept raining down at the rate of three to ten a day, and the press couldn't keep up. They'd report it and move on to the next one, while perseverating about the e-mails as if they were a  combination of Watergate and Benedict Arnold, because they had to "balance" everything they reported about Dump with something negative about Hillary. That is an insane concept of journalism. However, an apology is hardly enough.

3 comments:

Don Quixote said...

Yes, an apology is hardly enough. And--just in time--an 81-year-old Berlusconi, the Italian version of Cheeto Benito, is back and poised to achieve political power once again! I feel less horrible, knowing it's not just Amurricans that are incredibly stupid ... but still, why can't we have an educated populace, like they seem to have in a lot of other countries? No wonder people are happy in Denmark, Norway ... Australians seem pretty happy ... Canada ...

I know that some people say that "corporations ARE people." Corporations are multi-national and move wherever they want.

I think I should be able to move wherever I want. Being here depresses me.

Gay Boy Bob said...

Mr. Toobin pretty much agrees with the radio host that there was an effort to undercut Hillary.

I don't doubt it. Politics

Just a note that Mr. Toobin was a member of Jour0List that did pretty much the same thing, only in secret.




Don Quixote said...

As part of my New Year's resolution, I am not even reading comments attributed to the person whose handle is "Gay Boy Bob." As Cervantes explained several days ago--and I quite agree--he's dumber than a toilet. I thought that was pretty funny, and pretty apt. So whatever drivel he's written above, or whatever crap he writes in the future that Cervantes allows him to place on his blog, I sure won't read it. I know better! I have no interest in giving stupid trouble makers my time or attention.