Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Clown Show

I will outsource commentary on the appointment of Lawrence Kudlow to chair the National Economic Council to Brad DeLong. While most of this is characterization, there is a specific factual assertion in there that could be libelous. I don't know about that. (To be clear, Kudlow did admit to a $100,000 a month cocaine habit in 1994 -- Really! -- but I don't know if it's current, as DeLong implies.) But for those of you who don't know, Kudlow is not an economist but rather a wingnut TV commentator who hasn't been right about a single thing for many years. See also here. (He has no degree in economics, not even a B.S., and has never published a single peer reviewed paper.) I will buy this:
The right way to view this appointment is, I think, as if Donald Trump were to name William Shatner to command the Navy's 7th Fleet.
Well, Orange Julius says he's closer to getting the team he wants. I reckon that's so.

No comments: