Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Commenting policy

It is not the case -- it is never the case -- that I reject comments merely because I disagree with them. I do not publish comments that are irrelevant, uninterpretable, offensive, or false.


For example, it is irrelevant to my recent post about hydroxychloroquine that there are other treatments that people have tried or are trying that have not been demonstrated in randomized controlled trials. Just asserting that well-known fact -- i.e., I do agree with it, that is true -- does not make any point that pertains to the post. It is not somehow an objection to what I wrote.


As I have said very often, one goal I have here is to promote critical thinking. Comments must generally be on topic, logically coherent, and factually correct. If your comment doesn't get published, that's why.

No comments: