That is a news story, but the corporate media, for reasons that are not entirely clear, cannot treat it as such. The New York Times can publish what it labels a "guest essay" which exhaustively and irrefutably makes that case, but they can't state what is obviously true in a news story for which they take editorial responsibility. Some guest talking heads on MSNOW can say it, but even their anchors cannot. If a guest talking head on CNN is willing to say it, they have to put them up against someone who will deny it.
Given the immense dangers facing humanity right now, which the insane president has largely caused and is only compounding, one might think that the risks to the business environment would trouble the plutocratic owners of the media. Certainly they have nothing to gain, as far as I can tell, by ignoring what is by far the most important news story of the day. Yes, they would anger some viewers if they said it, by they are angering far more of their viewers by not saying it. By the way, I no longer watch CBS news, nor any other of the nightly network news programs, nor do I watch the news on their local affiliate which I used to do every day. So if it's ratings they're worried about, they aren't very smart.
Thomas Edsall, in the essay linked above, provides a link to a PDF of a statement placed in the Congressional Record by Rhode Island's senators, from 36 highly regarded psychologists and psychiatrists putting forth absolute proof that Donald J. Trump is dangerously insane. I have seen no coverage in any news column or on any web page of the major media outlets of this event. Maybe Punch Sulzberger should read it.
1 comment:
Our purveyors of mainstream media, by association, are insane.
Post a Comment