Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

The jet set

I'm off to Amsterdam this afternoon for the International Conference on Communication in Healthcare. I'll be presenting a poster and a talk. With luck, something interesting will happen at the conference for me to tell you about. But my schedule will of course be disrupted.

You may think this is a glamorous life but it's pretty much a PITA. I have to spend the minimum possible money which means no extra nights in the hotel, economy class in the cheapest possible flight, and the upshot is I'll get a brief impression of Amsterdam and that's about it. But I'll do the networking and presentationalizing necessary for academic success. Maybe even learn something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and good journey. I hope you find a few minutes to run outside and take a good look around.