- for the prospect of a president who generates syntactically well-formed utterances.
- An adequate supply of firewood for the winter. And the true miracle is that the people who got through the New England winter before the era of fossil fuels didn't have chain saws either.
- Charles Darwin and Edwin Hubble, who between them discovered the universe and what we truly are. Which is absolutely nothing, except to each other, which ought to be enough. Get over it Misters Dobson and Ratzinger.
- John Coltrane
- Bayes Theorem. I don't know why I said that, I guess it's just good to know that our intuitions are often wrong.
- The evolution of the gut. Imagine having to live like a cnidarian, without an anus.
- Peace in our time. Yes we can.
- Hitting that sweet spot, 93 million miles out.
I expect to be disconnected from Your Intertubes until Sunday. Remain thankful until then.