Digby agrees with me. But obviously, it's just a symptom. As Paul Campos never tires of screaming about, the oval office occupant is utterly insane and demented, but the corporate media think it would be impolite to say that, even though it's purportedly their job to report the news and that would seem to be a true fact worth noting.
The situation could go a few different ways. The last marbles could fall out of the bag and it would become impossible for him to present in public. When that has happened before, as with Woodrow Wilson, FDR and Ronald Reagan, we had Weekend at Bernie's presidencies. In Woodrow Wilson's case his wife was acting president. I'm not sure about the other two. I don't know who the puppet master would be in this case, but I'm pretty sure it won't be J.D. However, if Dump just dies, then Vance will assume the power of the office, with entirely unpredictable results.
The worse case is that he starts issuing insane commands -- I mean even more insane than presently -- and they are obeyed. Anything might be possible then. The best case is that we muddle through until November and then keep muddling through until the new congress is seated and they manage to put him in a playpen. I'm not betting on that, but it's all we've got to hope for.
No comments:
Post a Comment