Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Monday, July 22, 2024

Nobody asked me . . .

 ... and nobody cares what I think, which is why I have largely stayed above the vitriolic fray over whether Joe Biden should withdraw his candidacy for reelection. But now that the dust is settling I'll offer my 1 1/2 cents, just for the heck of it.


I think he made the right decision. I think his physical and mental decline is evident -- I've seen it before, I know what it looks like. People who complained that the corporate media weren't paying proportionate attention to the manifest insanity and raving idiocy of his Republican opponent were missing the point. The cult doesn't care about that, and they care less than zero what CNN and the New York Times say about it. People who went on about the excellent job Biden has done as president and how he would be a better choice than his opponent even if he was a vegetable are equally missing the point. 


The point is that we can't allow the insane idiot to win the election and there are a lot of people who cast their votes based entirely on style points. They aren't listening to your litany of Biden's accomplishments or your complaints about the New York Times. But, the days when a woman, and a person of African and Indian (Bharati) descent can't possibly win are past. In fact, I think a lot of people are going to be galvanized by the Harris candidacy. She's quite young for a presidential candidate, vigorous, smart, and there's no way Cheeto Benito is going to debate her. Or rather, I sure hope he will. She's been raking in the moolah and we won't be hearing any more about Hunter Biden's laptop.

 

I think we've got this.


3 comments:

Don Quixote said...

Good points. In addition, as Shitler descends further into the growing madness that has always been part of his mind, the things he says will become increasingly agitated, inane and incomprehensible. Finally, some tapes may yet come out ... and god knows what else ... from the execrable cesspool of this man's past (and I use the term "man" incredibly loosely -- he could more accurately be called a "creature").

mojrim said...

That's it exactly.

Chucky Peirce said...

I watched this year's Spelling Bee championship on cable. Nearly all the finalists were East or South Asians. The last two contestants left were both South Asian girls. I'd love to see Trump try to match wits with Kamela.