Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Critical Condition still in business

Unfortunately, as I mentioned some time ago, Dr. Rick has been unable to continue with the Critical Condition project for personal reasons. Our best wishes to him and I hope we'll see him back soon.

Meanwhile, Critical Condition is still open for anyone involved in health care or the healing professions who has something to say. I have just put up a lengthy post by Dr. Alan Lewis, who wanted to respond to a statement by Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel that I quoted here some weeks ago. As I note in my introduction to his post, his approach to healing is somewhat dissident in the present environment, in which reformers are calling for restricting the autonomy of physicians through stricter standards of practice and so-called "evidence based medicine." We'll see if Dr.Mr. Lewis draws any responses.

Meanwhile, if anyone wishes to contribute to Critical Condition, just send me your submission by e-mail (see the sidebar) and if it isn't toxic, obscene, or fattening, I'll put it up for you. And no, I don't have to agree with it.

No comments: