- Anthropogenic global climate change and everything having to do with it.
- Resource depletion and unsustainability generally -- water, soil, phosphorous, feeding the world's people
- Major public health challenges -- drug resistant pathogens including TB, malaria, MRSA, and other really scary stuff; lack of potable water and sanitation; obesity and type 2 diabetes; others I could name
- The real problem with our health care non-system: unsustainable waste and inefficiency. That is also our real fiscal challenge, not discretionary domestic spending
- The president acting as judge, jury and executioner and secretly ordering robot planes to blow people up in distant lands, often blowing up people who are innocently attending weddings and funerals.
- The outrageous inequality of incomes and the hollowing out of the middle class. And no, raising top marginal tax rates a couple of percent isn't getting at the problem.
I'm sure you have a couple of your own. But really, what does any of this matter?